Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm tired of hearing from Verizon. As of yesterday, they'd called my cell phone 8 times in 11 business days. I never answer it, but they keep calling (caller ID- I loves it!)

So, yesterday I told one of the customer service reps I'm dealing with that I will only deal with them via email, so they should stop calling. On the wild, crazy possibility that my request might be ignored, I changed my voicemail prompt:


If you are calling from Verizon, you will need to contact me via email. Verizon, collectively speaking, are incompetent, dishonest, and operate with a level of integrity usually reserved for cheap swindlers hawking trash on late-night television, while displaying the sort of attention to customer service usually found only in government offices. Since Verizon has shown that even written agreements are honored only grudgingly and after a protracted fight, no verbal communication will be accepted.

For everyone else, please leave a message after the tone.

***

So far I'll call it a partial success- when they called this morning, I did not get the usual "please call Verizon about your account" message, they just hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment