Friday, June 26, 2009

sigh

Well, after 2 days with no calls i got foolishly optimistic... then today, another call.

But wait- it gets better!

Yesterday I got a collections notice. Bad dave, right?
It was dated 6/22.
It was demanding payment for two things- the bogus equipment charge, which I was notified on 6/12 that I'd be receiving a credit for, and the June service which had been paid on 6/20. (mind you, June isn't even over yet, and this is a company that takes six weeks to link a login to a customer record)

Good work, guys. Honestly, I kinda wish their collections department were in charge of everything, because they have been on me like stink on shit since the first bogus invoice crossed the 30-day threshold... everything else Verizon does involves multiple 7-10-business-day waiting periods.

So, yet another ticket open... Honestly, I'm almost hoping they carry through with the threat to suspend service on 7/2. Settling this in court is starting to look like an attractive option compared to arguing with them every single day for months on end.

Speaking of which, my "Verizon Hell" email folder is now up to 119 items for our 94 days of service. Unfortunately I haven't been counting phone calls, but I would estimate it's around a dozen between my wife and I just trying to get the billing straight. Not counting the 14 times they've called me that I haven't answered.

So, if you're considering Verizon Business service, make sure that you can dedicate at least a part-time staff member to dealing with their billing and collections department. This is for a single Verizon T-1 internet, mind you... I can't even imagine what sort of things they can do with something like Verizon long distance service, where the bill is actually different from one month to the next...

271 days to go, and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment