Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Email!

My "Verizon T1 Ordeal" mailbox contains over 110 messages now! To celebrate, I'd like to revisit an old favorite.

This was sent out on 2/26/09, although it wasn't until I re-sent it on 2/27, with a copy to the Vice President listed below, that anyone actually responded.

If you are also experiencing problems with Verizon Business and would like his email address, contact me. :)

****

"In light of the phone call I received this afternoon questioning the whereabouts of our deposit check, I submit the following time line and response.

2/9/09 (Monday)- signed contract submitted to Bilal via email.

2/16/09 (Monday)- One week later, I am contacted by Gregory Farrell to confirm the information on our order. My response sent same day

2/17/09 (Tuesday)- Eight days after submitting the signed agreement, Iam notified that there is a credit/deposit requirement, which needs to be paid by check or wire transfer only.

2/18/09 (Wednesday)- 12 PM. I am notified by Bilal that Verizon "could also use a bank statement instead of the deposit."

2/18/09 (Wednesday)- 2 PM. I respond to Bilal asking for clarification.

Somewhere in this timeframe I receive a letter in the mail from "Ron Zimmermann, Vice President Customer Financial Services, Verizon", requesting a check for $460 for the deposit on our new service. It gives a due date of 3/9/09.

2/20/09 (Friday)- 11 AM. Two days after my inquiry, I get a response from Bilal notifying me that in fact, a bank statement will NOT be sufficient. Eleven days have now passed since we submitted the agreement.

2/21/09 (Saturday)- We mail the check out in the remittance envelope included with the letter above.

2/23/09 (Monday)- I get a call from Bilal, offering to process the deposit immediately via bank ACH if we provide the check information. I decline, since the check is already in the mail and we do not want to double-pay.

2/26/09 (Thursday, this afternoon)- I receive a phone call, from someone whose name I did not catch, letting me know that it's now been OVER THREE WHOLE BUSINESS DAYS since I "said" I mailed the check, and it must be received immediately or we will not receive the promotional pricing listed on our agreement.

I explain we mailed it to the address on the bill, which is not currently in my possession, and I cannot be held responsible for the mail. The fact that we received a bill at all comes as a complete surprise. (confirming my assumption that, had we provided information for a bank draft, we would have been double-charged rather than having the check returned un-deposited).

Since I now have access to the letter, I wanted to clarify the matter.The only address on the letter is:

Verizon, 13143 Collections Center Dr. Chicago, IL 60693

I hope this helps you locate the check in a timely manner, since speed is obviously of the utmost importance to your organization."

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment