Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A late introduction

Almost a year into this mess, aggravation has finally hit critical mass. My wife is tired of hearing about it, my coworkers are tired of hearing about it, my family is tired of hearing about it, people who ask "How are ya' doin?" at the grocery store are tired of hearing about it.

So to fill in:

In August 2008 I gave up on ever getting affordable, reliable high-speed Internet in my rural homestead, and started dealing with Verizon. In retrospect, I should have used tin cans and string, but hindsight is always 20/20.

By January 2009 we were finally making headway on getting something installed, and by the end of March, on our third sales rep, we finally had connectivity. By the second week of April we'd received our first incorrect invoice. And so, as a wise man once said, the bullshit goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment