Friday, July 17, 2009

"Checkbook credit"

So our quote included a "checkbook credit". I asked a bunch of times and never really got a good explanation for exactly what it is, but it essentially allows VZN to give a lower quote than you'll actually be paying, with the promise that you'll get some of it back eventually without interest. Specifically "in the third month following the effective date" of the contract. Ok.

So, service starts in March, come May I get a bill for March, April, May, and June (service months #1, 2, 3, and 4), and look, no credit. I call (this being prior to, and of course support for, the written-communication-only policy).

I get some excuse about how the "third month" is actually the "third monthly invoice", so I won't be seeing a credit until I get an invoice in July (which, for those keeping track at home, will be covering my sixth month of service).

We get to explain to our corporate office why the service still costs 10% more than the quoted price. Yay.

So come July, still no credit! What a surprise. Honestly, I'm lucky the shock didn't stop my heart.

So, on Tuesday we open up ticket #6 (keeping in mind, I've barely had online account access for a month).

Thursday I get an email telling me that someone has "taken ownership" of the problem.

Friday, I get an email telling me that the new owner has decided that it's an account setup problem, not a billing problem, so my ticket is resolved.

Whaaaaaaaat?

Boy, I just can't wait until it's time to fight to get our deposit back from these guys...

Current status:
Verizon email folder: 123 items
Days remaining in contract: 251

No comments:

Post a Comment